Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Documenting the Process

We knew what to do to try to get pregnant =) We were clueless on how to have a son/daughter through adoption. I am not a pioneer or one that likes to stand out or do what's different. So now that we have taken the plunge into something so mysterious to a lot of us...I thought I would document our adoption process.

 I have several reasons on why I have now become a blogger, something I thought I'd never do! One reason is so that others can keep updated and know how to pray for us. Another reason is to raise awareness of millions of parentless children. And finally so that those who desire to adopt one day can see a step by step of what it looked like for us. Just as every pregnancy and labor/delivery story is different..so will this be our unique adoption/labor story. But generally speaking I hope this helps. I will keep a timeline of when things happen and how the Lord provides financially. Roughly 30% of Americans at some point consider adoption...less than 2% actually do. I hope this helps even just 1 other family take this crazy step. And for the rest, I hope this helps to let you stay connected to what's going on along the process!

A recent update...today we had our 1st of 3 homestudy visits. It went really well. I was a little nervous, since basically we are paying a "professional" to assess our home, our health and our parenting... yikes...but I came away with a good feeling. The social worker was great and very easy to talk with. She is all about getting this part of the process done as fast as we can get things done....so that we are not waiting on her. Our next appointments are already scheduled for Nov. 3rd and the final one Nov. 10. Then onto preparing our dossier (I'll explain that one another time).

5 comments:

  1. noelle, we have our first homestudy meeting tomorrow...and girl, i'm with you about the nerves! glad to see God moving so mightily on your behalf, and i love reading a bit more of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to get to follow this online and in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Noelle! I'm very excited about getting to read about your adoption! Joe and I are interested in adoption ourselves, but I've only started to research it a little bit. I'd love to hear about your fundraising and how you went about doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you feel good about yesterday. I can only imagine the nerves that I would feel! So glad to see another post, and I am already looking forward to the next. :) Very excited for you and your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So excited to be able to follow this through the blog. It looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete